CivetWeb is an easy to use, powerful, C/C++ embeddable web server with optional CGI, SSL and Lua support.
CivetWeb can be used by developers as a library, to add web server functionality to an existing application. CivetWeb uses an MIT license.
It can also be used by end users as a stand-alone web server. It is available as single executable, no installation is required.
End users can download CivetWeb at SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/civetweb/
Developers can contribute to CivetWeb via GitHub https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb
Trouble tickets should be filed on GitHub https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb/issues
New releases are announced at Google Groups https://groups.google.com/d/forum/civetweb
Source releases can be found on GitHub https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb/releases
A security policy can be found in SECURITY.md.
- Installing.md - Install Guide (for end users using pre-built binaries)
- UserManual.md - End User Guide
- Building.md - Building the Server (quick start guide)
- Embedding.md - Embedding (how to add HTTP support to an existing application)
- OpenSSL.md - Adding HTTPS (SSL/TLS) support using OpenSSL.
- API documentation - Additional documentation on the civetweb application programming interface (civetweb.h).