CivetWeb Install Guide
This guide covers the pre-built binary distributions of CivetWeb.
The latest source code version is available at https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb.
This pre-built version comes pre-built wit Lua support. Libraries for SSL support are not included due to licensing restrictions; however, users may add an SSL library themselves. Instructions for adding SSL support can be found in https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb/tree/master/docs
- The “Visual C++ Redistributables” are already installed on most Windows PCs. In case they are missing, you will see a “msvcr###.dll missing” error message when starting the server. You need to download and install the Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Note: The required version of the Redistributables may vary, depending on the CivetWeb version.
- Download latest civetweb-win.zip from SourceForge
- When started, CivetWeb puts itself into the tray.
Building CivetWeb - Using vcpkg
You can download and install CivetWeb using the vcpkg dependency manager:
git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg.git cd vcpkg ./bootstrap-vcpkg.sh ./vcpkg integrate install ./vcpkg install civetweb
The CivetWeb port in vcpkg is kept up to date by Microsoft team members and community contributors. If the version is out of date, please create an issue or pull request on the vcpkg repository.
- Download the latest civetweb.tar.gz from SourceForge or GitHub
- Open archive and change to the new directory.
- make help
- make install
- Run the program
/usr/local/bin/civetweb, it will use the configuration file /usr/local/etc/civetweb.conf.
Most Linux systems support auto completion of command line arguments. To enable bash auto completion for the CivetWeb stand-alone executable, set resources/complete.lua as complete command. See comments in that file for further instructions.